Thursday 12 September 2013

Starting UWE


First day at UWE today, feeling like a student again. It was really positive to see how all members of the CLF appeared really confident throughout the lectures and definitely appeared to be a tight group, this will definitely be beneficial when establishing cross curricular links.  The seminar contained some real interesting content, firstly the discussion of ice breakers gave me some ideas to try when starting my placement which will help with learning names and ‘knowing my students’. The key thing I took was: the importance of reflection and self-knowledge. Self-knowledge effects decisions and actions which then will influence reflection, if we as teachers reflect we will have a better social understanding, a better social understanding allows a teacher to show more empathy for the students therefore bettering the relationship.  Does sound a little confusing but in my head it makes sense :)

No comments:

Post a Comment