Sunday 29 September 2013

The Studio CLF

Experiencing a day within the CLF studio today was really beneficial in terms of broadening my knowledge and understanding on behaviour management and what strategies are used to reintegrate students into school. The learning environment of the studio is very unique and clearly suited to achieve the aim.

Throughout the day I was given an insight to the potential barriers to students learning and why it's important to differentiate and be adaptable in the way we teach certain students. I felt I was really able to relate to many of the students given my childhood and background, therefore it helped when building relationships throughout the day.

Each student at the start of the day students are required to set targets, these are then reflected upon and discussed as a class at the end of the day. I found this to be a really interesting but really a successful strategy to use. Initially, I thought giving the students a license to grade themselves would result in biased grading. However, I was fascinated to see the students were really over critical when self assessing and extremely productive during peer discussions.

Today reinforced the importance of creating, and the students understanding expectations within both a school and a classroom. The students at the facility clearly have an understanding on the boundaries and the outcomes if they 'over step the mark'. Relating this to my teaching, I will certainly create and implement a set of expectations/ classroom rules for each class; these will need to be personalised for each class I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment